- 2-1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Stevia (Or Splenda, or…)
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/8 teaspoon pink salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup berries (any type, fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your to 350 F.
- This will make 12 regular size muffins so line the tins or spray them so that the muffins don’t stick
- Wisk all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer (large bowl if using a hand mixer), use your whisk attachment and beat together the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet while on medium speed
- Remove from mixer and FOLD in the berries
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups. (I use an ice cream scoop).
- Bake about 20-25 minutes (depending on how hot your oven cooks) until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Optional Streusel Topping
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 2 Tablespoons honey, agave or maple syrup
Sprinkle the muffins with the streusel before baking.